Become A Member

  1. Home
  2. February 2022
  3. 26.Pre and Post Workshop Evaluation on Hospital Acquired Infection at Al-Tibri Medical College
Article Image
Admin

26.Pre and Post Workshop Evaluation on Hospital Acquired Infection at Al-Tibri Medical College

Muneer Sadiq1, Shabnam Rani4, Waqas Hussain5, Riaz Ahmed Bhutto2, Ijaz-un-Nabi3 and Ali Muntazir Naqvi1

ABSTRACT

Objective: To find out the awareness and knowledge regarding the prevention of HAI’s.

Study Design: Descriptive Study

Place and Duration of Study: This study was conducted at the Al-Tibri Medical College, Isra University Karachi from November 2020 to January 2021 for a period of three months.

Materials and Methods: The Workshop was conducted for one day; Pre and Post evaluation questioner were filled by the participants. Participants were 50 faculty members from Clinical Sciences. After taking proper inform consents from the precipitants and willing to participate in the survey were included. Mobility and Immobility time was taken to identify the Depressive behavior of mice.

Results: Among the 50 participants only 22% participants were aware to correctly use the PPEs, and remaining 78% know partially to use the PPEs. That 82% of the participants does not know about containment. The remaining 18% were aware about containment. Statistical analysis chi-Squares test was applied and P value 0.001 was significant.

Conclusion: This study showed that awareness regarding the prevention of hazardous materials is very low among clinical faculty members.

Key Words: HAIs, prevention, Personal protective equipment, contaminant level

Citation of article: Sadiq M, Rani S, Hussain W, Bhutto RA, Nabi I, Naqvi AM. Pre and Post Workshop Evaluation on Hospital Acquired Infection at Al-Tibri Medical College. Med Forum 2022;33(2):114-117.